Mechanicsburg's newest subdivision, Hillcrest Estates, held a ribbon cutting and open house on September 7th.
Hillcrest Estates Ribbon Cutting performed by Mechanicsburg Mayor Bob vanPelt, Tri-City Schools Superintendant Jill Larson and School Board President Bill Marvin, along with assistance from Prowler and Steve Michaels from 101.9 The Wolf.
Spring of 1828 Jesse Pickrell, being the first to come to the county, stopped in what is now Mechanicsburg township and was married to Elizabeth Churchill. In 1829 Jesse Pickrell taught the first school on section 27, west of what is now Mechanicsburg. In 1830 he was postmaster of a post office established under the name of "Clear Creek, P. O."
After more families came into this surrounding community and with the county established, there was need for a village. William S. Pickrell, brother of Jesse Pickrell, entered the land on which Mechanicsburg now stands, laid out the original town, having a block in the center for a park, and later making two additions. He offered to give a lot to any mechanic who would build a building and pay for the title. Hence the name MECHANICSBURG.
We are welcoming new neighbors with growing housing.
We are growing with new business and furture business.
Our Parks and Recreation offer activities to our families and youth.
Mechanicsburg is also proud of our Public Safety
Village of Mechanicsburg
P.O. Box 200 Mechanicsburg, IL 62545
Office and Fax: 217-364-5447